Do you keep falling asleep in meetings, conference calls and seminars?
What about those long and boring conference calls? Here’s a way to change
all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call,
prepare your "Bullshit Bingo" card by drawing a square — I find that 5"
x 5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns — five across and five
down. That will give you 25, 1" blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
push the envelope
take that off-line
out of the loop
think outside the box
empower (or empowerment)
at the end of the day
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, shout
Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
* "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won." Jack W.,
* "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." David D.,
* "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win."
Bill B., New York City
* "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited
for the fifth box." –Ben G., Denver
* "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed "BULLSHIT!" for the third
time in two hours." –Kathleen L., Atlanta